Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Entering the Blogging World...


I guess I knew from the moment I made the decision to open a photography studio that a blog would eventually enter my life. On September 24th 2007, I decided to boldly face the inevitable... I looked my fear of "public speaking" squarely in the eye and told it that it would not defeat me... and thus this blog was born. How is it possible that it has been sitting idle for almost 18 months now? It has patiently waited for me to come here and share stories of my wonderful studio, the children that come into it, the families I've met, the struggles I've had and all the other little stories and tidbits that together have weaved the fabric of my life. I have started to realize over the last couple of years just how quickly time goes by. So my hope is that this will help me remember and keep focus on what is important. I'm cracking open the "book" of my life, and choosing to make myself more transparent. The good, the bad, the ugly, the happy, the silly and the clumsy. But don't let me mislead you... this blog is just as much for you as it is for me. It is definitely NO place for boredom. Here's a few teasers of what we have to look forward to...

*"Name That Photo" contests-- where the winner will be rewarded with some goodies.

*Polls-- where you get to decide what promotions the studio will offer.

*Teasers-- of recent sessions we've taken. (You may see someone you recognize make an appearance.

*"Favorite Photo Friday"-- Where I will post my favorite picture from the week.

*Lots of Give-a-ways

*Blog Promotions

So friends, stop by often and let me know you're here. And don't forget to participate and give us some feedback... that way we're able to keep growing and changing to continue to meet all your portrait needs.

Thanks for visiting, and I'll be back soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz McCabe
Liz McCabe@nc.rr.com

What a great idea!!

Anonymous said...

I have tried a few times to start a blog... I'm overwhelmed. One of these days I'll figure it out. Why can I make a website but have such a hard time getting a blog to turn out the way I want it to???? Grrr....
Your blog looks beautiful Dana!
Smiles,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Jackie Lee
JLee935570@aol.com

I finally figured out how to enter..saw the comments...not too easy to see though...keep up the good work

I know nothing about blogs...

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you!!!!! I miss you bunches! Love you!!! Heather

Lisa said...

Ok, this is the third try - I'm a new blogger! The extra information about you is very cute. You can make a baby smile like no one else. Even if you have to work up a sweat :) Lisa H